When I first started on this wellness trend, I made my own almond milk every. single. week. I would soak my nuts in the fridge overnight and blend them up the next day. As with anything homemade, you can control what goes in it and there’s some questionable ingredients in some of the store-bought variety. I am a bit more relaxed about it these days. I go through stages when it comes to alternative milks. Sometimes it’s just easier to buy them from the grocery store…. other times I’m in the mood to make my own.
Cashew milk is super easy to make, but does take some pre-work (soaking the nuts overnight).
Cashew milk is super creamy so you won’t have to strain it through a nut-milk bag like you would with almond milk.
You can also add cinnamon to the mixture to give it some extra flavour!
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 3-4 cups filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp 100% pure maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover with water, soak overnight
- Drain and rinse the cashews
- Toss the cashews, water (3-4 cups, depending on how much milk you want), vanilla, maple syrup and sea salt in your blender
- Blend on low to mix and then on high for two minutes
One thought on “Creamy Cashew Milk”