Happy Monday, everyone! It’s hard to believe we are already mid-September! Seriously, it feels like everything that happened after March 13, 2020 went by in a flash.
Last Monday (Labour Day), I decided to go on my first Whole30 so that means I’ve ditched my daily smoothies for some baked egg cups and leafy greens for breakfasts. While most of the ingredients in my smoothies are technically on the “approve” Whole30 list, I was really motivated and inspired to change up my usually eating habits. Smoothies are now saved for the weekends and usually when I’m looking for something to fill me between meals.
This is a favourite smoothie of mine. It’s tastes amazing and is full of protein, good fats and fibre. If you’re new to smoothie making, make sure to check out my Smoothie Making 101 post here.
- Handful of greens (doesn’t matter the type, whatever you have on hand. I like using spinach)
- 1 service/scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 shot of espresso
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 frozen banana (if you like it less sweet, use half)
- 1/4 – 1/2 avocado, depending on how tick you want it
- Optional: some ice cubes to keep it on the chilly side
- Add all ingredients into your blender and mix until fully combined