Hey everyone – I realized I’ve never properly introduced myself, so I thought I would share some random facts about me. I’d love to learn about you too, so feel free to leave a comment below with a random fact about yourself. 🙂
Here are 15 random things about me:
- My absolute favourite vacation spot is Nice, France. I’ve been many times and it was where my hubs and I spent the first two weeks of our engagement (he proposed the night before we flew out).
- I have green eyes and according to Google, only about 2 % of the population has green eyes.
- I have a fear of large birds (like parrots, owls, etc.). I tried to get over my fear in Las Vegas about 6 years ago. The hotel we were staying at had a HUGE parrot you could hold and take a photo with. I thought, “why not concur my fear right here and now?” Yeah, that was a mistake. About 2 seconds after the parrot was put on my shoulder I froze with fear and exclaimed very forcefully “I am uncomfortable!” The parrot was removed and I was satisfied that I will never get over my fear.
- The thing I hate almost as much as large birds is Christmas nutcrackers. When I was about 8 or 9, I had a friend in the neighbourhood and I would go over to her house a lot to play. Her stepdad made Christmas nutcrackers from scratch and one day I walked into the living room and there was at least one hundred nutcrackers in various stages of completion (some had full faces, some just had eyes and teeth) but they were everywhere and I still haven’t gotten over that moment.
- I am a Sagittarius. I’m too into star signs but I know that it’s a fire sign which seems pretty badass and I know that Sag’s love travelling and I do too!
- One of the coolest things I’ve ever done while travelling is take a helicopter tour over the Canadian Rockies in Banff, Alberta. The views were spectacular; I was in awe the entire time. You can read about my trip out west here.
- I hate shellfish and I won’t ever eat it – I have tried it: shrimp, scallops, king crab, snow crab, freshly caught and steamed lobster, prawns. I just don’t have a taste for it. I don’t mind fish, as long as it’s not too “fishy.”
- I consider myself an extroverted introvert. I don’t specifically mind group interactions, but if there’s people in the group I don’t know, I have no issue just sitting in silence… I don’t find silence uncomfortable.
- Christmas is my all-time favourite holiday. I cannot wait and I start planning for it in October (though I don’t decorate until the middle weekend in November)
- When I was in high school I was obsessed with the show ‘Friends’, I mean who wasn’t? I loved it sooo much that my plan when I graduated high school was to move to NYC for one year and live like Rachel and Monica. This was at a time when I had no concept of work visas or that Rachel and Monica lived completely unrealistic lives in NYC. I’ve never lived in NYC but it remains one of my favourite places to visit.
- I can’t eat raw pineapple, but I can eat cooked pineapple. I used to think it was an allergy but then I read about the plant enzyme bromelain, which is present in pineapples and can cause a burning or prickly sensation in your mouth.
- I haven’t been back to SoulCycle since my super embarrassing experience which happened three years ago! You can read all about that here.
- I prefer bourbon-based cocktails than any other liquor.
- I drink both coffee and tea, it just depends what I’m in the mood for.
- One of my favourite movies is ‘Hot Tub Time Machine’. Don’t @ me! I just think it’s so goofy and funny and I love John Cusack.